Paul’s Letter to the Ephesians is one of the richest books in the Bible. It provides the reader a sweeping view of the mystery that God has revealed to him. The apostle called it the stewardship of the grace of God for the Gentiles. One author writes:
More than any other book in the Bible, Ephesians displays the great purpose and plan of God for the church. It provides a perspective that is unique: God’s—and the believer’s—view from the “heavenly realms.”
This Sunday we begin a series of sermons exploring the depths of Paul’s heart and mind through his letter to the Ephesians believers. The parts would be as follows:
- Part 1 – God’s Ultimate Plan
- Part 2 – Paul’s Prayer for Ultimate Understanding
- Part 3 – What God is Doing #1: Saving the Elect
- Part 4 – What God is Doing #2: Reconciling Jews and Gentiles
- Part 5 – What God is Doing #3: Building the Church
- Part 6 – Paul’s Admonition to the Believers #1: Walk Worthy of Your Call
- Part 7 – Paul’s Admonition to the Believers #2: Walk As a New Man
- Part 8 – Paul’s Admonition to the Believers #3: Walk as God’s Dear Children
- Part 9 – Paul’s Challenge #4: Stand Strong in the Lord!
This series is my first attempt to preach and teach the Word of God book by book, which I hope to be able to do in the coming months and years as the Lord will allow it. The parts of the series will be provided with links as soon as the materials are uploaded.